fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 main bearing caps

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 main bearing caps
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 23:00:40 -0500
We've taken to "strapping" the center main.  Not sure it helps but it
doesn't cost much to do.  Have the top (bottom?) of the main cap
machined off flat with the bolt seating surface, then buy longer ARP
cap bolts and a Ford 400 front main strap.  Drill out the holes in
the strap to fit the bolts and bob's your uncle.

If we could figure out how to make it a 5 main motor, now THERE's
something to aspire too.  That and good flowing cross flow heads and
we'd have some POWER baby!  Saw a MGA with an alumimum cross flow
head at Road America a week or so ago.  He was faster than me...

- Tony Drews