fot

Re: [Fot] Pete Lovely's Pooper

To: "Greg \"Lunker\" Hilyer" <Lunkercars@earthlink.net>, "fot Triumph"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Pete Lovely's Pooper
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 21:37:12 -0800
Greg, Pete Lovely is still around and was racing his Ferrari TR for several
years until he sold it several years ago.  He also used to bring his Lotus
formula car to the race track loaded on the back of a VW transporter. It was
a kick to watch him load it on the flatbed VW, he would jack up the front of
the VW and had long ramps and pull the Louts up on it.  The VW had
extensions on the back a couple of feet long to hold the car.
Carlos is still running the Alfa shop with Leno.  They seem to be doing okay
though I haven't stopped in their lately.  I usually see him around at the
machine shop.  Great that you know these guys and I think its great we have
them here in Tacoma.
Charly Mitchel
TR6 #44