fot

Re: [Fot] Pete Lovely's Pooper

To: "Greg \"Lunker\" Hilyer" <Lunkercars@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Pete Lovely's Pooper
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 05:14:23 -1000
Both Pete and Monte are alive and well, and still drive hard and fast. I
usually see Pete at races like the Wine Country, occasionally at NW races. I
was chasing Pete's Lotus at Sears when Peyote's steering came apart. Usually
race with Monte at the Rose Cup in Portland.

Both great guys.

On Mar 13, 2010, at 7:15 PM, Greg Lunker Hilyer wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2010, at 8:43 AM, Bill Babcock wrote:
>> a red one built by Pete Lovely and currently owned by Denny Akers
>
> WOW!! I used to sell Pete Lovely cars from the auto auction for his VW
dealership in Ballard Wa. [I think. .. Ballard... an area of north Seattle].
Remember seeing a retired Porsche powered racer in the back shop area. Never
knew what it was until today. Definitely the Pooper. I have to assume Denny
Akers is of Akers Auto Acres  also from the Seattle area. Used to sell him
cars too - from the salvage pool.
> As much as I've thought I knew about racing in those years, I missed out on
some gems. Peter Gregg, Hurley Haywood, Mark Donahue, Peter Revson, et.al.,...

fot@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums