fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 rear shock conversion

To: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 rear shock conversion
From: Irv Korey <ikorey@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 10:50:34 -0500
On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com> wrote:

> Is CVAR the only vintage racing organization that requires lever shocks for
> authenticity?

No. However, TR4's were allowed rear tube shock conversions in one of the
early SCCA GCR's (1961?), so with that in hand, I never had an issue when I
presented my TR4 with tube shock conversion for tech inspections (thanks to
Bill Dentinger for mentoring me on that).

I've had a TR250 since new and in all that time, I've had to replace one
> leaking shock.  Am I just lucky?

I don't think so. I never had to replace any in my TR6, also purchased new,
for leaking.

Irv Korey
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com