fot

Re: [Fot] Hard cornering

To: <s.janzen@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Hard cornering
From: Tony and Annie Garmey <horizonracing@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:41:19 -0700
Having read Fred's book and a whole bunch of others......the best IMHO is the
Mark Donohue Unfair advantage. The Basis of which is to work out what you
"think" you need and test test test after testing on a skid pad.
I've been lucky enough to build a lot of vintage race cars and the basics
never change. Tires ! Shocks ! Because the car has been lowered, do the shocks
bottom out (that's a big one for Porsche 356's), Is suspension binding and
have enough travel ?
I've got a Ferrari (250GT SWB Fantuzzi ) that I put a rear bar on then
removed, springs rates etc etc. nothing made a difference to the feel of the
car or lap times.
Why ? because the Chassis flex's so bad. Again. Back to basics.

Hope this snippet of info helpful to someone :)

Tony