fot

Re: [Fot] Accusump

To: "'Bill Babcock'" <billb@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Accusump
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 01:21:40 -0700
> While I certainly have not done any scientific testing, I am
> completely
> convinced that running an accusump greatly extends the life
> of my engines.

I have no doubt of that.  When running under load, those primitive babbit
bearings require a constant flow of oil to keep them cool.

My question was solely about pre-lubing before startup.  Unless you have
just assembled the engine without assembly lube, IMO there is plenty of oil
leftover to cover a second or two of idling (meaning very little bearing
load, and very little heat generated through bearing losses).

OTOH, I understand that you've "always done it that way", and it certainly
does no harm.  Wouldn't want to take a chance on it actually having some
benefit.  So carry on, and don't mind me.

Randall
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html