fot

Re: [Fot] Accusump

To: billb@bnj.com, TR3driver@ca.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Accusump
From: Fubog1 <fubog1@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:27:45 -0400
 I'm in complete agreement here, the average race car system has a lot of
volume to fill, hoses, filter, cooler, before it builds up pressure.
Another point that should be mentioned, it is SOP on any race car to pull
plugs & spin it over for oil pressure before the first start of the day.
Obviously the accusump does away with that...
Glen

I really doubt that residual oil is sufficient, for the same reason: These
are
babbit bearing, not rollers. They require oil under pressure to work. A
residual film doesn't do much, and under the weight of the crank it drains
away to nearly nothing in a short time. The oil passages seem to do a good
job
of draining too. Without an accusump there is always a few seconds waiting
for
the oil pressure to show.
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com