fot

Re: [Fot] VACUUM SYSTEM

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, <n197tr4@cs.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] VACUUM SYSTEM
From: <yellow04@tr4racer.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 13:14:27 -0500
Is there a reason you can't run a catch tank with the vacuum system? Wouldn't
that be the best of both worlds? It surprises me you convinced tech to waive
the catch tank rule.

What I meant is by shoddy build is an engine that leaks profusely. Like one
you have to diaper to be able to run. I don't think a vacuum system can
overcome shortcomings like not sealing all gasket points.

I think John brings up quite a point. You crack a ring, blow a head gasket, or
worse hole a piston, and suddenly are pumping air bigtime into the crankcase.
In a closed system without a catch tank, what is going to happen? My guess is
you will blow out the timing cover seal. I don't think you will dump a lot of
oil, but......

Henry
yellow04@tr4racer.com