fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 old race car

To: Richard Good <goodparts@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 old race car
From: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 14:46:46 -0600
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
The log book definitely helps add value and certain lineage to the car. The
down side, in this case,  is that the log book goes with the car (which is
apparently pretty far gone). For the log book to have any real value beyond
its pretty picture and autographs and it's matter of historical record...it
would of coarse have to accompany a real car. That being said, perhaps a
primary portion of the car could remain for a restoration.
In this case, important features of log book identity has to do with the
number written in raised lettering on the front of the log book... It must
match the number stamped into the roll bar. I believe SCCA Started this
"official registration" for the 1972 season.
For an SCCA car...The number has 2 parts; the region the car is (was)
registered in (01), and the order it was registered.(001)
Hence (01-001)  = region 1, 1st car registered.
The number, once given, is unique to the car and log book combo and does
not expire or change. Supposedly the # and various facts exist somewhere in
an SCCA archive. Other club racing sanctioning bodies did similar numbering
or perhaps an official "approved" metallic sticker (again on the roll bar).

Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing