fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 old race car

To: Richard Good <goodparts@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 old race car
From: Bud Rolofson <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 15:50:50 -0700
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Richard,

I bought a Spitfire race car recently that has a SCCA logbook starting
in 1972. The car was a race car from day one and the logbook indicates
it was raced at Limerock, Watkins Glen, and other tracks in the east.
The logbook even has a couple polaroid pictures of the car in race
trim stapled to it in the back.

I was told that having such a logbook adds to the cars value because
it shows it has "racing provenance" and that there are some races
(California I believe) that only include cars that have a long racing
history as shown by their logbooks.

I'll venture a guess that those that have historical logbooks will
believe that it adds value and those that don't have such logbooks
will say it doesn't add value. So of course I'm in the former group
now but certainly having a logbook adds sex appeal if not value and
having one is better than not having one when the time comes to sell
it. If nothing else it adds to the cool factor in my opinion.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)