fot

Re: [Fot] 24 hours in a TR

To: Jamie <tr6driver@yahoo.com>, Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] 24 hours in a TR
From: Jamie Palmer <tr6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 07:40:53 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumph friends <fot@autox.team.net>
Ok, looked up the results on MyLaps.  We covered 1597.5 miles in that
25/25/25.  Considering that included 41 minutes off track for a
RR halfshaft/trailing arm/brake replacement and an separate steering rack
replacement, as well as some reduced lap speeds for downpours and some broken
wheel studs (and one broken wheel), that wasn't too bad for a TR6 crap-can
racer!

Jamie Palmer

<tr6driver@yahoo.com>
triumph friends <fot@autox.team.net>
>Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2013 8:01
PM

<jason@multivintage.com> wrote:

>> Sweet, we have our first entry for the
"totally official record holder"...
>> so you did a full 24 hours plus. that
will be tough to beat on time.
>> We'll need to have some indication of
distance traveled based on # of
>laps/miles for proper classification.

Our team (RiffRAF Racing) completed the 2011 National Chumpionship in 19th

2013, at 5:27 PM, Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
>wrote:

The 24 hour race at Daytona this weekend got me thinking.
> [...]
Sebring is usually mentioned as the endurance testing
>grounds
Triumphs (at least here in the U.S)... lots of action there with a
>few

different TR models.
complete the 24
>hours

anyone have any insight as to who and what car might hold the
record for most distance covered in a competition event?
Daytona, LeMans, Lemons? I know some of our own FoT guys did
>well
the late 50's at Sebring...I remember hearing of a guy driving a TR3
>for
>>>
> over 11 hours in that event (There are some great photos of this group
>on

gets really cold here in Chicago