fot

Re: [Fot] 24 hours in a TR

To: <yellow04@tr4racer.com>, "'Jason Ostrowski'" <jason@multivintage.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] 24 hours in a TR
From: "Richard Taylor" <tarch@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 11:01:29 -0500
Cc: 'Amici Triumphi' <fot@autox.team.net>
The other wrinkle in Triumph trips is driving a racecar to the track. In the
last 13 years, ole #197 ran 29 races. Most of them were at the home track of
Road Atlanta (60 miles from my shop). Two have been 600 mile trips (one way)
to Mid Ohio, 2 to Daytona (450 miles), 2 to VIR (375 miles [one trip back
home was on the hook - crankshaft failure])and 3 to Savannah (200 miles).

It was entered in every enduro that was available.

As a street car, it is cramped, stiff and uncomfortable. As a racecar it is
heavy, softly suspended and underpowered (self imposed redline = 5.5K).

For a nice old man like me, it is damn near perfect.

Richard Taylor
TR-4 #196