fot

Re: [Fot] Neg. camber on 1964 tr4

To: N197TR4@cs.com s=q20121106; t=1362858092; bh=jdVna9ZHkyXbZ1JM+CoOl710BYPxqpUkkFgMn6rANkk=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=HvE4gapTY+ila/g1/EZOn/apX3kBfDtjSedjs+vs4LpJ4sJTDh7AspoYzAY46Eo/z /ExyWphaeex0Qvz7IH/aSQmffnlgFqrsE+WPEXkgQRL3bNHz0z1KP9FQyNTVBDWHaA pvylyT/jmQeGQx3helpvBTxL3CUl/3chRA1Shz+jNcD9WGDicTYbFpTaIzPzMH4diK Bm7Z++htIZ1SH9ZXcPCneJxRRLJnJ047jmn/FDB4iLKin6pRfAftorVYQnejFIafSM lvo8QlHlIvd6zUTzqBkB7GKEj73DFfdK6Wlyfp7iDSKvfSk0qZeLJgwkeCIVjDLYZ0 nNupDP/U1eDRg==
Subject: Re: [Fot] Neg. camber on 1964 tr4
From: davehogye <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 19:39:31 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Hello Jon,
Welcome to the FoT.
Thanks Joe, for linking me in to this topic.
I too would scan the archives for suspension information.
First and foremost, all TR3/4 suspension modifications involve switching to
TR4A/TR6 upper A-arms and 3 degree caster trunnion. I believe the early TR4s
had the 0 degree trunnion as did the TR2/3. Jon, if that's what is on your car,
it has to be changed.
Tony Drews documented this extensively on his website, tonydrews.com. Tony
changes everything to TR4A/TR6, including the upright. The through bolt
trunnion is one of the best aspects of this change. This trunnion makes further
adjustments and servicing much easier.
I used the RevingtonTR adjustable fulcrum pivot on my TR3. I thought it was a
good compromise to the cut and shut a-arm method and adjustable rod end type.
However, I do think that the adjustable rod end is the best way to go and that
is what Gary has fine tuned. I know that a few others have used the rod end
modification, including uncle jack.
The Revington TR fulcrum pin spaces the a-arms outward and I had a clearance
issue on the inner wheel well body work on my TR3. I trimmed the pin as much as
I could beyond the Nyloc nut fastener and tweaked the body work slightly. With
the outward spacing on the a-arms they use spacers on each side of the ball
joint. This can cause clearance problems between the a-arm and the wheel. I
experienced this on one side and made further adjustments.
I know a TR2 and a TR3 racer that use the Revington design, they race with
HMSA. Come to think of it, these guys should be in the FoT.

Dave H.