fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 TR6 quick rack

To: robertten1@aol.com,fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 TR6 quick rack
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 13:43:37 -0600

The issue is that the &quot;tube&quot; is pressed into the housing where
the pinion meets the rack.&nbsp; When you go to full lock, you can knock
the tube out the end of the housing which then makes the rack no longer
pressed into the pinion and steering failure occurs.&nbsp; The fix would
involve making sure that the tube is solidly attached to the housing so
it can no longer be pushed out.&nbsp; Something like holes with bolts /
pins could be a possibility, but that would need to be done in a way to
not interfere with normal operation.<br><br>
In my case, I bought the &quot;quick rack&quot; on sale for under $200
and don't care to even mess with it since I'd be guessing at a
fix.<br><br>
Cheers, Tony Drews<br><br>
At 10:13 AM 11/11/2015, robertten1@aol.com wrote:<br><br>
Curious, <br><br>
What has been the fix to these racks to make them reliable, if
any??&nbsp; I have a TVR buddy that has an Argentine Quik Rack an would
be interested in learning about any successful fix(s), outside of tossing
this brand new rack he acquired a few years ago.<br><br>
Helping a friend,<br>
Bob T<br>
'64 Spit GT&nbsp; autocrosser<br><br>
-----Original Message-----<br>