fot

[Fot] 89MM piston question

Subject: [Fot] 89MM piston question
From: cartravel at pobox.com (Larry Young)
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018 09:41:38 -0500
Marcel,
I suspect if you brought this question up with the dyno operator he
would look at you like you were from Mars. I think it is a safe
assumption that the inertia of the engine/drivetrain is small relative
to the inertia of those large drums. I've often wondered about the
differences in rolling resistance, since it depends on road surface and
weight (including strap down force). I suppose this can all be lumped
into drive train losses.
 ?- Larry