fot

Re: [Fot] Six cylinder camshafts

To: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Six cylinder camshafts
From: Bob Kramer via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 14:18:41 -0600
Cc: Fot <fot@autox.team.net>

--00000000000035321c057aa5a99a

It was the same with PRI.  Chris Cancelli is a great guy. He moved to
Austin after some years building a sketchy reputation in Oregon. While he
was here I got to know him a little. He set up a nice shop, was doing nice
work but he simply didn't have the business acumen to make a go of it. He
added to his rep leaving a few very unhappy people behind when he escaped
Austin.

Bob Kramer

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 1:24 PM Scott Janzen via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> Yep, I=E2=80=99m in the same boat you are.  Wishbone has provided great p=
arts and
> tremendous information - Kai has engineered and sourced some really good
> equipment and I would like to keep getting more.  However, the internet i=
> loaded with similar stories to yours, and I=E2=80=99ve heard from several=
 fellow
> racers who have been =E2=80=9Cdropped=E2=80=9D like you and I have.
> My advice to anyone would be that there=E2=80=99s a risk in ordering anyt=
hing
> custom or sending in parts/engines for rebuilding.  Ordering off the
> website, probably ok if you don=E2=80=99t need technical support.  It=E2=
=80=99s puzzling,
> because everyone who has had a similar experience will tell you they
> thought they had a great relationship and communications, until suddenly
> they didn=E2=80=99t.  Heck of a way to run a business.
>
> On Nov 14, 2018, at 12:20 PM, Bud Rolofson via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
> wrote:
>
> I=E2=80=99ve had the same experience with Wishbone Classics. They=E2=80=
=99ve ghosted me
> after I bought thousands of dollars worth of parts from them. At first th=
ey
> were available but in the last year neither Kai or Jason will answer the
> phone or return calls.They were supposed to be making some rods for my Sp=
it
> but their status remains in limbo.
>
> Looks like the website is still up and taking orders. Has anyone done
> business with them lately? I=E2=80=99ve given up making unproductive phon=
e calls.

> Anyone know whats going on there? Too bad to lose them as a resource as
> the parts and their knowledge were excellent.
>
> Bud
>

> On Nov 13, 2018, at 8:41 AM, Scott Janzen via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
> wrote:
>
> I=E2=80=99m in search of a new camshaft for a second engine that I=E2=80=
=99m ready to
> assemble.  My current engine runs a cam from Wishbone Classics (spec
> attached) that I am very happy with, but the owner of the company is not
> responding to inquiries, so getting the same cam does not seem to be an
> option.
>
> I run a full race engine, triple webers, ported head, oversize valves,
> carillo rods, wiseco pistons, about 11.5:1 compression, aluminum flywheel=
,
> rev range 4500-7200+.
>
> Recommendations?
>
> <WBC783IKv1-install-sheet.pdf>

--00000000000035321c057aa5a99a

guy. He moved to Austin after some years building a sketchy=C2=A0reputation=
 in Oregon. While he was here I got to know him a little. He set up a nice =
shop, was doing nice work but he simply didn&#39;t have the business acumen=
 to make a go of it. He added to his rep leaving a few very unhappy people =
24 PM Scott Janzen via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@au=
e=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div st=
yle=3D"word-wrap:break-word;line-break:after-white-space">Yep, I=E2=80=99m =
in the same boat you are.=C2=A0 Wishbone has provided great parts and treme=
ndous information - Kai has engineered and sourced some really good equipme=
nt and I would like to keep getting more.=C2=A0 However, the internet is lo=
aded with similar stories to yours, and I=E2=80=99ve heard from several fel=
low racers who have been =E2=80=9Cdropped=E2=80=9D like you and I have.<div=
>My advice to anyone would be that there=E2=80=99s a risk in ordering anyth=
ing custom or sending in parts/engines for rebuilding.=C2=A0 Ordering off t=
he website, probably ok if you don=E2=80=99t need technical support.=C2=A0 =
It=E2=80=99s puzzling, because everyone who has had a similar experience wi=
ll tell you they thought they had a great relationship and communications, =
until suddenly they didn=E2=80=99t.=C2=A0 Heck of a way to run a business.<=
t;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">fot@autox.team.ne=
t</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br class=3D"m_-8557076946185003240Apple-interchange-=
newline"><div><div>I=E2=80=99ve had the same experience with Wishbone Class=
ics. They=E2=80=99ve ghosted me after I bought thousands of dollars worth o=
f parts from them. At first they were available but in the last year neithe=
r Kai or Jason will answer the phone or return calls.They were supposed to =
be making some rods for my Spit but their status remains in limbo. <br><br>=
Looks like the website is still up and taking orders. Has anyone done busin=
ess with them lately? I=E2=80=99ve given up making unproductive phone calls=
.<br><br>Anyone know whats going on there? Too bad to lose them as a resour=
blockquote type=3D"cite">On Nov 13, 2018, at 8:41 AM, Scott Janzen via Fot =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">fot@autox.team.=
ond engine that I=E2=80=99m ready to assemble.=C2=A0 My current engine runs=
 a cam from Wishbone Classics (spec attached) that I am very happy with, bu=
t the owner of the company is not responding to inquiries, so getting the s=
ame cam does not seem to be an option.<br><br>I run a full race engine, tri=
ple webers, ported head, oversize valves, carillo rods, wiseco pistons, abo=
ut 11.5:1 compression, aluminum flywheel, rev range 4500-7200+.<br><br>Reco=
________________________________<br><a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; t=
 href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; target=3D"_blank">http://www.team=
.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/f=
Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/levilevi@comca=