Anyone with Palm IIIe problems?

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Anyone with Palm IIIe problems?
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:59:55 -0700
Hey Guys,

Is anyone out there using the G-Cube with a new Palm IIIe?  I know
there's not supposed to be any meaningful processor or language
differences in the IIIe, but I have a user with problems we can't seem
to resolve.  I've already had him replace the IIIe, the HotSync cable,
and I've replaced the Cube, power module, cables, etc...but we still
have problems.

When we try to calibrate we consistently get random 5 digit numbers in
the calibration string.  The same cube calibrates fine on my Palm III,
and calibrates fine on the customer's PC.  It also records fine on the
customer's Palm; using testing tools we can even review the data at it's
lowest level (before it gets turned into a GCD file) and see that it's
all okay.  It just refuses to calibrate.  Anyone else seen this problem
on any machine at all?

Anyone have any ideas?  This one has me stumped!

THANKS for any help!

--Byron