Re: Anyone with Palm IIIe problems?

To: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Subject: Re: Anyone with Palm IIIe problems?
From: Gcrash <gchappel@gate.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 13:05:43 -0500
On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:59:55 -0700, you wrote:

>Hey Guys,
>
>Is anyone out there using the G-Cube with a new Palm IIIe?  I know
>there's not supposed to be any meaningful processor or language
>differences in the IIIe, but I have a user with problems we can't seem
>to resolve.  I've already had him replace the IIIe, the HotSync cable,
>and I've replaced the Cube, power module, cables, etc...but we still
>have problems.
>
>When we try to calibrate we consistently get random 5 digit numbers in
>the calibration string.  The same cube calibrates fine on my Palm III,
>and calibrates fine on the customer's PC.  It also records fine on the
>customer's Palm; using testing tools we can even review the data at it's
>lowest level (before it gets turned into a GCD file) and see that it's
>all okay.  It just refuses to calibrate.  Anyone else seen this problem
>on any machine at all?
>
>Anyone have any ideas?  This one has me stumped!
>
>THANKS for any help!
>
>--Byron

I just purchased Geez and a palm IIIe to use with it.
I have had no problems with calibration- just recalibrated it to check
and my string is 1A42B35A15A60  which I assume is OK- no 3 digit or
larger numbers.
Byron, if it turns out the IIIe has a problem with this hardware, and
or software please let me know, I have about 10 more days in which I
can return this and get another model.
thanks
Gary