Re: Anyone with Palm IIIe problems?

To: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Subject: Re: Anyone with Palm IIIe problems?
From: Brian Meyer <bm@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 17:08:12 -0600
I'm running G-Palm on a Palm IIIe and I have no problems with it
calibrating. I have run into problems with it powering off while in
autostart, but I think I've traced that problem down. I'm using Hackmaster
to enhance the input (I highly recommend the middlecaps hack, and the menu
hack) among other things, and I think it interferes with G-Palm's override
of the auto-poweroff function. If I disable the hacks, it behaves like it
should.

You might ask your customer if they have any hacks running. I won't pretend
to know how the hacks work, but I'd bet they could cause a problem such as
this. The only other thing I could suggest is to check the power module for
defects, and the battery - but I'm sure that you've done that already.

-Brian Meyer