Re: Visor handspring compatible w/Geez?

To: HUOA@aol.com
Subject: Re: Visor handspring compatible w/Geez?
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 09:02:53 -0700

HUOA@aol.com wrote:

> The Palm IIIe is selling for $149 at Staples here in NYC.  The cheapest way
> to go right now.

Same here in Phoenix, some of the discount retailers are
$150ish.  Remember if you do this that you still need the
download cable which retails at $19.95, since the cradle is
only good on your desktop.  But even with that said you are
still in quite a bit cheaper than a Visor.

> Just remember to either duct tape or use a rubber band to
> keep the optional cable attached to your palm.  Wasn't Byron working on a
> better solution to this?

Beginning next week we should be shipping with thumbscrews
in place.  We will also be announcing a hardware upgrade in
the near future (within a month I would guess) that will
include a new cube and new power supply.  I'll announce all
the details later, but essentially there are upgrades to
both that some users may want to take advantage of.

> Also, has anyone used the G-Cube in a Street Touring car yet?  Last weekend,
> during the Philly winter series I used the cube in a STS car and maxed out
> the smoothness rating on every run.  I suppose the limited traction of street
> tires causes the cube to think that I'm actually smooth...

What is your version and compile date on your software?  The
reason I ask is that after Nationals we adjusted the ratings
quite a bit.  One of the things we were trying to adjust was
the smoothness, which we thought was a little too easy to
get high scores.  If you are currently running 2.51 or
older, you might want to get the newest version from the web
site.

Now with that said, yes, it is easier to score high on
smoothness when driving  a softly sprung, low-grip car.  It
is also more difficult to score high on aggressiveness.

--Byron