RE: GEEZ Stats Gotcha

To: "'Todd Green'" <tag@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: RE: GEEZ Stats Gotcha
From: "John Coffey" <johncof@veriomail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:28:26 -0800
> Byron has used two versions of the dongle hardware.  One requires a
> support driver under NT, the other doesn't.  When did you get your Cube?

Late December last year.  We had problems with GEEZ running on W2K and I
installed the NT drivers and installed the GEEZ build from 1/4/2000 which
corrected the problem.

> I'm using a PalmV running the same version (3.3) of the PalmOS as the
> Vx, and have had no problems.  I've done _limited_ testing on my friend's
> Vx with no problems either.  What exact problems are you having?

The big problem I have is that Record won't consistently shut off using
Autostart and I've even let the car sit for 5 minutes watching the ETs count
up.  If I stop the recording manually, Record won't save it.  I've also
noticed that, while recording a run (a passenger was along checking it for
me) the ET pauses for a few seconds and then continues from where it left
off.  I can repeat these problems at my desk using the Cube and assorted
cables.

This happens very often when using the Palm and occasionally when using the
notebook. I've got good calibration string numbers and I've noticed that if
I calibrate before each run, the run records fine (kind of a pain
though...;-)) .  Subsequent runs start having the stop problem.

Its become a pretty big distraction so I've set it all aside until I hear
back from Byron.

John Coffey
johncof@veriomail.com