How much adjustment is normal?

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: How much adjustment is normal?
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 09:39:31 -0400
Hi all,
     I feel kinda stupid asking this, but I'm getting a bit
frustrated right now.  Anyway, how much adjustment should
one have to make to get the map to make sense?  I've never
yet been able to get a map that looks anything like the
course.  I had thought that it was a calibration problem
last year, but I recently downloaded the new version which
makes calibration a lot easier and I now have calibration
numbers that make sense.  At the VMSC event yesterday, the
course was basically figure eight shaped, but my maps and
those of my co-driver came out looking "L" shaped (this is
a total of eight runs - all of them looked like this).  In
addition, the speeds were completely unrealistic - like
seeing 99 mph at several spots on course.  If I had actually
been going that fast, I suspect that I'd have caught Dick
R.!  Also, the speeds were still quite high at the ends of
the runs when we should have been at rest.
      Is this still an operator error or something that I
have got set wrong?  Any ideas?  For reference, this is
a Triumph TR-4 that is currently running in A/P.  My current
calibration string is 1A64A77A149B91 and my preferences are
set to: roll %g = 2.7, pitch %g = 1.7, Autostart g = 0.40,
Austostop g = 0.10, Autostop duration = 4, Minimum run = 35

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer,

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu