Re: How much adjustment is normal?

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>, bshort@AFSinc.com
Subject: Re: How much adjustment is normal?
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 18:33:22 -0400
At 12:22 PM 5/8/00 -0400, R. John Lye wrote:

>BTW, is it common to get end speeds of 50 mph and above?  Is
>there something that I can do to get more reasonable numbers
>right away?

John,

At most of the Virginia Motorsports Park events an end speed of 50 mph
would be high!, especially yesterday's course. What I try to do is use the
recording tach, etc to pick a reasonable end speed just after the timing
line and then trim the run at the top of the last accel peak. Since I have
a recording tach, I'll also check any places where I hit the rev limiter
and figure the mph from that and see how they correlate.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford