Anyone using Palm V, Vx, or IIIc?

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Anyone using Palm V, Vx, or IIIc?
From: "Gordon Acorn" <gacorn@nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 14:04:20 -0400
Hi,

I just got my Racer's bundle in the mail yesterday evening, and went out
to get a Palm Pilot to use as a recording device (I don't have a
notebook) only to be told everywhere I went that the IIIe, IIIx, and
IIIxe are so backordered you might as well forget it.  I'm in Ottawa,
ON, Canada BTW.  Most said at least 3 weeks for a IIIxe, and forget
about the IIIe at all in Canada as the demand is so high in the US.

So, all that was available (and also in short supply) are the V, Vx, and
IIIc.  Unfortunately, they are all quite a bit more expensive than the
other III's.  Still, given the choice between nothing, a notebook, or
spending the $500 for V, $570 for Vx, it's looking tempting.

Only thing I worry about is I've heard it mentioned that some of the
newer Palms don't work so well for recording.  Is anyone using any of
these models?  Any problems?  Models to avoid?

Thanks in advance!

-Gord
A3 Jetta TDI, class B3 stock