Re: Palm runs over 99 ??

To: GSMnow@aol.com
Subject: Re: Palm runs over 99 ??
From: Todd Green <tag@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 19:25:38 -0600
>If it is in text format, I'll just drop it right into a GCD file, otherwise,
>I'll try the re-upload. I think I just need to make it a newer file date, and
>hot sync will deal with it from there.

It is not a text file, it is a Palm DataBase file (hence the pdb
extension. :)

It is actually pretty simple to do what Byron says.  I always hot sync
my Palm before transfering stuff via GEEZ, just in case.

Sure enough the other day I deleted a run hidden in a hole between two
older runs.  Simple enough, just hit the hot sync button and it replaced
the missing runs.

The caveat is that you need to rename your backups to be between 1-99.
Make sure that you use numbers that are not on the Palm already, or
obviously you'll loose data.

Todd
P.S. I'd make a manual backup of the pdb's just in case :)