Re: Palm runs over 99 ??

To: GSMnow@aol.com
Subject: Re: Palm runs over 99 ??
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 15:21:13 -0700
We never expected anyone to actually keep over 99 runs in
their Palm at one time!  Yes, we don't support beyond 99.
However, there MUST be a way to get the data back out.

The runs are stored on your Palm currently as files called
"100_GCD.PDB" through "104_GCD.PDB".  If you do a HotSync,
you'll find these files in your C:\Palm\UserName\Backup
directory.  You may have to play with the settings on your
HotSync a bit to do it, but if you alter the name of the
files to a name below 99, such as "01_GCD.PDB" you might be
able to upload them back to your Palm after you've cleared
out some other runs to make room for them.

Barring that, does anyone know of any file renaming
capabilities or utilities for the Palm?

--Byron