Re: Palm runs over 99 ??

To: bshort@AFSinc.com
Subject: Re: Palm runs over 99 ??
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 00:55:28 EDT
In a message dated 7/6/00 5:23:00 PM Central Daylight Time, bshort@AFSinc.com
writes:

<< The runs are stored on your Palm currently as files called
 "100_GCD.PDB" through "104_GCD.PDB".  If you do a HotSync,
 you'll find these files in your C:\Palm\UserName\Backup
 directory.  You may have to play with the settings on your
 HotSync a bit to do it, but if you alter the name of the
 files to a name below 99, such as "01_GCD.PDB" you might be
 able to upload them back to your Palm after you've cleared
 out some other runs to make room for them. >>

Okay, the files are there, and I got them hot sync'd to the PC. The format is
quite different, so I could not send them straight to GEEZ. I re-named them
and tried to send them to open run numbers where I deleted a bunch. I told
palm desktop to do it as a file install, no good. I told it to over write all
palm with PC data, no good. I then tried to make it overwrite a non deleted
run with the new run, and the Palm Desktop saw an overwrite error and
corrected it for me by restoring the original non deleted run, and re-naming
the new info to another non useable name. UGH!!.

I see that the very first text in the file is the run number.GCD  I will also
try changing this to see what it does, but it is getting late. It seems there
must be an index file on the palm, but I can't figure out what it is or how
it is formatted, if I have already found it. The new runs 61 - 65 seem to be
on the palm, but they don't come up in the download listing. The GEEZ
download still thinks those files have been deleted.

If I figure this out I will let you all know. But I seriously doubt anyone
else will ever go belond 99 stored runs in the palm. I did get the 3xe with 8
meg so it still has plenty of room for more runs though.

Gary M.