Re: Palm runs over 99 ??

To: bshort@AFSinc.com
Subject: Re: Palm runs over 99 ??
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 20:40:30 EDT
In a message dated 7/6/00 5:21:51 PM Central Daylight Time, bshort@AFSinc.com
writes:

<< We never expected anyone to actually keep over 99 runs in
 their Palm at one time!  Yes, we don't support beyond 99.
 However, there MUST be a way to get the data back out. >>

I never expected it either, but on the test day we got over 70 runs with the
two drivers, and I never even thought about it until I was running day two
and saw runs stored 99, Oops.

<< The runs are stored on your Palm currently as files called
 "100_GCD.PDB" through "104_GCD.PDB".  If you do a HotSync,
 you'll find these files in your C:\Palm\UserName\Backup
 directory.  You may have to play with the settings on your
 HotSync a bit to do it, but if you alter the name of the
 files to a name below 99, such as "01_GCD.PDB" you might be
 able to upload them back to your Palm after you've cleared
 out some other runs to make room for them. >>

Thanks, I am sure I can deal with it from there, I'll give it a try right now.

If it is in text format, I'll just drop it right into a GCD file, otherwise,
I'll try the re-upload. I think I just need to make it a newer file date, and
hot sync will deal with it from there.

Gary M.