Re: Anybody know an effect way to hold your laptop down in the

To: Bob Monday <boysrus_racing@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Anybody know an effect way to hold your laptop down in the
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 07:51:19 -0700
I've never had any overheating problems with the laptop.
Good point though, depending on the laptop I'm sure that
some wouldn't like being stuffed into a confined space and
left on for a period.  Luckily (sorta) for me my old laptop
has a horrible battery life, so it can't be left on that
long at a stretch anyway.

I know of some other GEEZ users who have used an inverter to
power the laptop.  This definitely eliminates those annoying
battery life worries!  But I'm lazy...I'll stick with the
Palm.

--Byron

Bob Monday wrote:

> I'm amazed that your laptop doesn't overheat! I use a tie-down strap
> that goes over the laptop base, but I locate it above the keyboard so
> that it doesn't depress any keys. Cinching it down tight pulls the
> sides of the seat in. I wedge the power module for the cube under the
> laptop after tightening it down, and that keeps everything pretty well
> secure! I fold the display back to the seatback, but do not latch it
> (even though I could).
>
> I also have a 300w inverter that powers the laptop and my video camera.
> Light, compact. I wedge it by the door sill between the passenger seat
> and door. No battery worries for either device!
>
> Bob Monday

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list
///