Re: Anybody know an effect way to hold your laptop down in the

To: <geez@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Anybody know an effect way to hold your laptop down in the
From: Brad & Charlotte Waller <bcwaller@home.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 12:13:46 -0800
Dave Vasko wrote:

> Does anyone know an effective way to secure their laptop in-car for G-Cube
> data acquisition during autox.  I have a 1991 Mazda Miata and I would like to
> mount my laptop in the front passenger seat during competition and somewhere
> other than the front passenger seat for driving schools.  I would like to
> avoiding using a palm pilot to reduce the time to view data, because I plan to
> view GEEZ data between runs.  Naturally I would like to avoid the
> embarrassment and expense of having my laptop skip across the pavement.  Any
> enterprising individuals out there with imaginative ways to secure laptops
> in-car?

I'm not sure how flat it is behind your seats, but I would think a few
strips of velco would work.  Get the strips that are 1 inch wide and
make three strips on the bottom of the laptop.  This should hold it
really well.  You could also use some leftover window netting to make a
safety harness just in case...

        -Brad-

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list