Re: The Healey List, Google and searches

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Healey List, Google and searches
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 12:51:48 -0700
Patton & list,

I didn't know about the lost archives. However this does not explain the
difficulty that I have with archive "search".  For example; If I go to
the individual archive for May 2002, there is definitely an entry
for"ram air".

If I do a general search for "ram air" there is nothing returned.
If I do a restricted search limited to May 2002 for "ram air" there is
also nothing returned.
I have tried this on a number of other known entries & dates & the same
thing happens. It appears that any search will only go back about one
year in the archives. Maybe I am just not smart enough to use the search
correctly.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a "flaw" in the search function?
I think I have tried all of the various combinations of search. The only
way to find something older than about a year is to display month by
month & scan through all of the entries. This can take many hours. There
is a lot of good info in the archives but it is very hard to find.

I personally would be willing to contribute substantial $ specifically
to fixing the search function if this is what it takes.

Dave Russell