Re: The Healey List, Google and searches

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Healey List, Google and searches
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 21:26:25 -0800 (PST)
A few additional thoughts -

1) Apparently the google email system will
automatically sort your email by various subjects, and
then connect various emails by their responses... that
means rather than seeing 50 emails with the same
subject line, it will automatically group those emails
together under one sorted area.

2) Even if the team server's search function is fixed,
it will not work as well as a google search.  Google
works using sophisticated relevancy algorithms...
allowing you to find pretty much exactly what you
want.  The team server will never be able to do
this... it will just give you a key word search and
print the results in the order it gets search hits.
Google will always put the most relevant emails first.

3) Google mail will not "spam" you in the way you
think.  I use Yahoo mail and I get "spammed" every
time I open it - there's a banner at the top.  It'll
simply look at the content and if there is someone who
wants to sell something to someone writing about that
content, an ad will appear at the top... no different
than Yahoo or Hotmail.... except the AD might actually
be for something you have an interest in.  What's
wrong with that?

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8