Re: You be the judge Photos (Transmission questions)

To: Michael Salter <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Subject: Re: You be the judge Photos (Transmission questions)
From: Tracy Drummond <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 11:23:36 -0700
Mike,

Thanks a ton.   Where can I get some proper wire and the pads?.  Is
there a photo or explaination of proper rewiring somewhere?

I will go slowly and carefully upon reassembly.  What you saw was
probably just a mock up for  the photo.  One thing I am still
wondering about are the thrust washers since I recall the manual stating
setting end play properly and sleceting the proper size.

I have new mainshaft and 1st motion shaft bearings already which I will
probably replace.   The photo of the hidden ball was
 to remind me to not forget it.

bellville washer?  uhh duh?  is this not part of the bearing itself?
Maybe I am missing something.  I would not doubt that there is a missing
part since this has been very typical of the PO.

I found the locktabs were missing on the Flywheel as I disassembled in
prep for the aftermarket seal at the rear crank.  I just do not see where
one would drill holes to tap for the seal on the rear of the engine
block, but then I have not seen the instructions yet (should arrive
tomorrow).

I also still need to locate a rear engine plate gasket.   Will keep
pushing ahead and double check whats there with the manuals and Moss
diagrams which seem to be helpful.   I suppose I better take some more
photos upon reassembly to show you all for a sainity check.

I would like to replace the nylon like shifter packing to reduce slop.
Any of those available out there?

Cheers!!