Re: wire wheels -- how many spokes?

To: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>,
Subject: Re: wire wheels -- how many spokes?
From: "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 08:30:08 -0400
I almost hate to jump in Rich because of your good esperience with them,
but I feel I have to add my comments on Dunlop's.  I added the chrome ones
to my BJ8 in 1986.  I can't tell you how many times I have replaced spokes
that have broken off at the attachment points in the wheel over the years.
It almost got to be a joke at the place who did the tire removal.  I had as
many as 5 to be replaced at one time.  Recently I discovered one spoke
loose and decided to tighten it.  The spoke snapped with the slightest
pressure.  My guess is that many more have become brittle.

I will move to Daytons as soon as the pocketbook allows.

Regards
Tom