Re: Console trim

To: Bob Yule <autofarm@cyg.net>
Subject: Re: Console trim
From: Alan F Cross <alanx@proaxis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:20:38 +0100
In message <001d01c42caa$5a4bdc40$bace2945@mshome.net>, Bob Yule
<autofarm@cyg.net> writes
>   You should only use a light spray of adhesive on the metal.  Stick
>the foam to this, but do not glue the vinyl to the foam, or you will
>get exactly the conditions you describe.  The vinyl must be free to
>slide over the foam.
>Cheers......Bob @ Autofarm
>Check our web site www.autofarm.net

Bob,

Thanks for this. You refer to a 'light spray' of adhesive. What I had
was a heavy smelly brown gunk that was a nightmare to put on to stuff
like foam. But it was certainly necessary in order to stick down the
edges of the vinyl where they were folded under the metal edges. Are you
suggesting a light spray even for this, or did you use two types of
adhesive?
--
Alan F Cross