Re: Console trim

To: Alan F Cross <alanx@proaxis.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Console trim
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:04:21 -0400
Just finished mine. Foam on the sides, plain on the top. I cut the vinyl
in three pieces per what I pulled off. The seam was hidden under the
chrome beading. I used Weldwood Contact cement on the metal and the
vinyl where it contacts the metal.. A small amout of cement under the
foam to hold it in place, but none on top. I am pleased with the results
and was surprised at the amount of hold the cement had on the narrow
edge of vinyl for the side pieces. Use a heat gun or hair dryer to warm
the vinyl before wrapping it around the back corners of the side panel.

Dave
67 BJ8
60 BT7