Re: Changing Non-adjustable to adjustable steering

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Changing Non-adjustable to adjustable steering
From: "John Snyder" <johnahsn@olypen.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 12:03:58 -0700
I am in the middle of restoring a tri-carb BN7.  The Heritage certificate
says is it supposed to have an adjustable steering column.  This car had
been completely disassembled years b/4 I bought it, and came w/ the
non-adjustable set up, including the steering wheel and trafficator.  From
the amount of  "platina" and old paint/crud, these parts look original.  I
talked to Bill Bolton (tri-carb and general Healey expert), and he said that
it is not that unusual for a Heritage certificate to have a mistake in it.
So, I'm staying w/ what came w/ the car.

John Snyder

> > This seems like a lot of work for someone like a P.O. to go thru...could
the
> > Heritage certificate be mistaken and your car was actually built  as is?

> > I received my Heritage certificate and it says that I had an adjustable
steering wheel.  My car has a complete and working non-adjustable steering
wheel (ie, trafficator, etc ...).