RE: Burning up rotors - plus tech tip to get home!!! Long!

To: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Burning up rotors - plus tech tip to get home!!! Long!
From: "Bob Brown" <BlkBT7@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 06:56:27 -0500
Payton,
We are putting up with this because it is possibly not a
fault of a single manufacturer. Last year on the way to
Conclave I went thru 3 rotors, that were purchased from
VB as the "good" ones. They were packaged in boxes labeled
Bosch, but closer instpection the fine print read "manufactured
for Bosch in Germany". Thus they were not the "cheap Asian
imports".  After I ran thru my spares the last rotor was
borrowed from a traveling companion, it was a"cheap Asian
import" from Moss. That incident occured almost one year
ago and I'm still using the Moss part.
I'm convinced it is not solely the rotors but a very had to
diagnose problem that manifest itself by destroying rotors.
But no one has suggested anything to look for.
Bob