Re: Poor idle when hot, conclusion

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Poor idle when hot, conclusion
From: "John P. New" <jnew@hazelden.ca>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 11:57:23 -0400
Bob,

If you take a look at "The SU Carburetter Type HD, Tuning, Adjusting,
and Servicing Instructions (January 1966)" posted at my site there is a
diagram showing the proper position of a grooved needle
(http://members.rogers.com/jnew/austinhealey/ServiceSheetAUC9622B/ServiceSheetAUC9622B_Page6.html).

>From your explanation, I think your needle position is correct. For
clarification, I believe the bottom of the piston is to be flush with
the point _at which_ the taper of the needle starts (i.e. the lower edge
of the groove). In any case, the diagram shows it very well.

John P. New
London, Ontario, Canada
'67 BJ8