Re: Hot Problem

To: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hot Problem
From: ah1960bt7@att.net
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:46:44 +0000
John, It doesn't sound that bad from your latest description.  If it was
running at the temp of the t-stat while driving and then heated up once you
stopped inside setting still, that would appear to be 'normal'.  All of the
cars will get warmer setting while still with the hood closed.  I would not get
too worried unless it started overheating and 'puking' its coolant on the
floor.

We run the product Water Wetter in the vintage race cars mainly because we
can't use coolant.  After each race we shut off the engine and open the hood.
The temp will continue to climb another 10 degrees or so.  After about 5
minutes we start the engine and let it run for just about 30 seconds to move
the water around.  If it is really hot out, we place a blower fan pointed at
the radiator.

Good luck,  Brent.

-------------- Original message from "John Snyder" : --------------