Re: Hot Problem

To: Bill Lawrence <ynotink@qwest.net>, Healey List
Subject: Re: Hot Problem
From: Neil McDonald <nimcdonald@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 17:47:35 -0700
Bill's comments are very interesting. I have tried various temperature
lowering suggestions (checked radiator is OK, installed correct sleeved
thermostat, added multi-bladed fan, added electric fan in front of rad,
checked rad ducting) all without much success in preventing overheating
problems - specifically mis-firing when the water temperatures reach around
175 degrees F. Not that high!

The other day, after it got even hotter, I swear she was only running on two
cylinders for a while! It sure ruins the fun when this happens.

The possibility that radiated heat from the exhaust manifold is causing
vapour lock in the carbs is a new thought for me. I am tempted to rig up a
remote water spray for the carbs, that can be actuated by the driver whilst
still on the road, to test out this theory!

Has anyone tried upgrading the carb heat shielding to address the issue?

Neil
Neil McDonald
BN6
North Vancouver BC