Re: Hot Problem

To: "'Neil McDonald'" <nimcdonald@shaw.ca>,
Subject: Re: Hot Problem
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 20:07:12 -0700
I don't believe there is much, if any, correlation between octane
rating and vapor pressure, although there is some variation between
different blends (summer/winter formulations, gasahol, etc.).  Any difference
is liable to be slight regardless.

At any rate, there are methods to test the Reid Vapor Pressure--the
standard method of measurement--that are used by pilots who use
auto gas in aircraft.

bs
Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net