Re: Hot Problem

To: "Healey List \(E-mail\)" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hot Problem
From: "Paul Negus" <Paul.Negus@iplbath.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:48:02 +0100
Hi Neil

I haven't seen a response to your query re an upgraded heat shield.

My car (early 6 cylinder) has the integral inlet manifold and features a rather
small metal heat shield. This originally had some heat resistant material on
the engine block (probably asbestos based) which peels off in time.

Running with the metal shield only resulted in fuel being expelled from the
carbs (H4) at rest. I covered the shield with the high tech heat resisting
material used by racers, hot rodders, etc, and this cured the problem. I
deliberately cut the material oversize to more fully cover the exhaust
manifolds.

Please let us know how you get on!

Regards

Paul

PS I have also had problems with (new) coils and suppressor spark plug covers
when hot.