Re: Delage (still no Healey Content)

To: davidwjones <davidwjones@cox.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Delage (still no Healey Content)
From: Bob Denton <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 10:27:48 -0700 (PDT)
It's increasingly interesting to see our changing reactions to the French. They
out style us, out class us, and are way more artistic, on the whole. Their
cars, in the hayday before WWII, were far more refined than ours. But now that
they are against W's war people seem to think the French are awful at
everything. Not only the Delage, but the Delahaye, the Bugatti, the racing
Panhards and even the Renault. The "lowly" Renault is giving Ferrari fits in
F1. Even the Citroen DS 19 was way ahead of anything we built in 1960.
Refinement ain't girlie, guys.

Bob Denton