Re: Delage (still no Healey Content)

To: "Bob Denton" <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Delage (still no Healey Content)
From: "Bill Lawrence" <ynotink@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 22:21:20 -0700
What is interesting to me is how long it has taken us to realize how
the French have always viewed this country, as a culturally inferior
backwater not to be allowed the privilege of self actualization (or
defense) without the permission of our betters. We naively assume that
they are our "friends", but nations don't have friends.

We are being asked to subject our national interest to their scrutiny
and request their assistance and advice on matters of self defense and
international affairs. May I ask what is their record of achievement in
those areas? From my viewpoint it is quite unimpressive from about 1789
on. The UN? same story...

As for "W's war" it's my damned war too because if we are to gutless to
fight it our grandchildren will be forced to from a much less
advantageous position.

It's your right to dissent, but don't kid yourself that you are a
patriot just because you have the "courage" to tell lies about a better
man than you can be.

Oh yeah, and Bugatti was an Italian.

Sorry to be so off topic, but please note that I didn't start it.

Bill Lawrence