Re: Delage (still no Healey Content)

To: "'Bob Denton" <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Delage (still no Healey Content)
From: Rick Neville <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 06:53:56 -0700 (PDT)
I don't know whether the pre-war French cars were girly or manly, but they sure
were fantastic.  Wish I were on the left coast to catch this exhibit at the
Petersen museum:
http://www.petersen.org/default.cfm?docid=1028.  HOWEVER,  as far as F1 goes,
the only place Renault is outpacing Ferrari is at the starting line where the
Renaults have some secret sling-shot device that really makes them hook-up off
the line.  As far as the rest of today's road-going Renaults are concerned,
what happened to these is too good for 'em:
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/weird/weird424.shtml

Happy off-topic Healeying,
Rick

Bob Denton <foxriverkid@earthlink.net> wrote:
It's increasingly interesting to see our changing reactions to the French. They
out style us, out class us, and are way more artistic, on the whole. Their
cars, in the hayday before WWII, were far more refined than ours. But now that
they are against W's war people seem to think the French are awful at
everything. Not only the Delage, but the Delahaye, the Bugatti, the racing
Panhards and even the Renault. The "lowly" Renault is giving Ferrari fits in
F1. Even the Citroen DS 19 was way ahead of anything we built in 1960.
Refinement ain't girlie, guys.

Bob Denton