Re: Frame Plugs

To: "healeylist" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Frame Plugs
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:02:30 -0700
Replying to my own message ... that's a bad sign ;)

Anyway, it appears maybe these plugs may not be original.  My BJ8 had
undercoating and I'm wondering if a PO may have had some sort of
treatment applied to the inside of the frame that required drilling some
holes ... I've heard of this being done in some rust-proofing treatments.

Anybody know if the plugs are original?  There are maybe 4-6 of them
at various points on the bottom of the box channel portions of the frame,
about where you'd put them if you were going to pump some sort of mist
or fluid into the frame.  These are rubber plugs about 7/16" across on the
cap ... don't know exactly what the ID of the hole is since I haven't wanted
to pull the plugs without suitable replacements.

bs
Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net