Re: MORE About Holes in Wings

To: <Editorgary@aol.com>, <davidwjones@cox.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MORE About Holes in Wings
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 10:32:02 -0700
Hi Gary,

I have an original, unrestored 1960 BT7, w/ original fenders and spears (a
"survivor car").  This car has never been repainted...never even has a valve
job.  The car is HBT7L-11923, built in September, 1960 (I think, don't have
the BMIHT cert).  Gary, you have seen this car on tours w/ the Golden Gate
club in the 90s and early 20s.  It was the black one w/ the paint polished
through in some spots.  Still looks exactly the same :-)  It was also at
Tahoe, but I doubt anyone looked at it because there were so many other
beautiful cars there.

Just looked at it, and here is the info.  Behind each spear, there are 2
holes about 7/16" dia.  One is about 2 1/2" in front of the center spear
stud, the other about 1" in front of the rear stud.  Both spears have a gap
at the bottom.  The gap is quite narrow at the front of the spear, and
widens to about 3/16" at the rear.  I don't see how these holes could
provide much ventilation.  My 1962 BT7 MK2 (HBT7L-17432, built Jan, 1962)
has the exact same set-up.  It is completely restored, but used the original
fenders, and rechromed the original spears.

Hope this helps.

John Snyder
Port Townsend, WA.

> Anyone else got holes under your flashes, and original flashes with a
> raised lower edge? If so what model and year?
> Cheers
> Gary

Check out the new British Cars Forum: