Re: Horn goes on by itself

To: "Franck Vigneron" <vigneronf@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Horn goes on by itself
From: "Bill Lawrence" <ynotink@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 23:31:11 -0700
Sounds to me like you have a stray ground somewhere. Check your
assembly to be sure that the powered leads and ground leads are
isolated. Trace the circuit paths through the switch visually and make
sure it is properly assembled. Remember that the horns have power
applied at all times and are activated by grounding the circuit through
the switch button on the trafficator.

Bill Lawrence

On Sep 5, 2004, at 9:38 PM, Franck Vigneron wrote:

> Dear All Members!
>
> I have mounted one of Michael Lempert custom steering
> wheel and it looks superb!
> BUT I put back my trafficator (horn & indicator) and
> after 2 days I am giving up.
>

> 1. My indicators do not flash. I suspect because the
> car had been sitting for 34 years that the "flasher
> Unit" is not functioning.
> * Does this sound correct to you?
>
> 2. My horn goes on when I plug the corresponding wire
> from my trafficator to the wire on the car.
> I suspected the horn button was stock pushed in. I
> removed the whole horn button but horn is still on.
>
> I rebuilded and tested the trafficator unit with a
> friend who works for NASA on satellite and it worked
> perfectly. But once on the colomn the result is
> different.
> * Can you guess the problem?
>
> 3. One of my horn is dead do you know where to get
> one?
>
> Regards,
> Franck
> 1960 BT7