Horn goes on by itself

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Horn goes on by itself
From: Franck Vigneron <vigneronf@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 21:38:27 -0700 (PDT)
Dear All Members!

I have mounted one of Michael Lempert custom steering
wheel and it looks superb!
BUT I put back my trafficator (horn & indicator) and
after 2 days I am giving up.

1. My indicators do not flash. I suspect because the
car had been sitting for 34 years that the "flasher
Unit" is not functioning.
* Does this sound correct to you?

2. My horn goes on when I plug the corresponding wire
from my trafficator to the wire on the car.
I suspected the horn button was stock pushed in. I
removed the whole horn button but horn is still on.

I rebuilded and tested the trafficator unit with a
friend who works for NASA on satellite and it worked
perfectly. But once on the colomn the result is
different.
* Can you guess the problem?

3. One of my horn is dead do you know where to get
one?

Regards,
Franck
1960 BT7